Linear Alkyl Benzene
LAB’s primary use is in the manufacture of Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulfonates (LAS).
LAB finds extensive application in the manufacture of domestic detergents, institutional and industrial cleaners. The LAB market for evolving on a stable market platform, growing day-to-day with a dominant market share for its brand “SUPERLAB”.
The per capita consumption of LAB used in the detergents in the country has a very large latent potential from the current level, as India is one of the largest consumer markets in the Asia-Pacific Region with an emerging economic outlook.
Through the LAB and Derivatives REACH consortium a group of manufacturers and importers of Linear Alkyl Benzene, Dialkyl benzene Alkylbenzene, Linear Alkylbenzene Sulphonic acid and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulphonic acid, sodium salt have decided to join efforts to prepare dossiers, using read across opportunities among similar substances.
The REACH registration dossier of the following substances was prepared for a joint submission in 2010:
- HAB (Benzene, mono-C10-13-alkyl derives, distillation residues, CAS : 84961-70-6, EC : 284-660-7)
- LAB (Benzene, C10-C13 alkyl derivatives, CAS : 67774-74-7, EC : 267-051-0)
- LAS (Benzene sulfonic acid 4-C10-C13 sec alkyl derivatives, CAS : 85536-14-7, EC : 287-494-3)
- LAS NA (Benzene sulfonic acid, C10-C13 alkyl derivatives, sodium salt, CAS : 68411-30-3, EC : 270-115-0)
The REACH registration dossier of the following substances will be prepared for a joint submission in 2013:
- HAB (Benzene, mono-C12-13-alkyl derivatives fractionation bottoms, no assigned CAS, no assigned EC)